Hamar En Vogue I
Lalo, a young Hamar woman of marrying age, vogued this spontaneous pose at the weekly market in Turmi, a small frontier town in the remote Southern Nations, Nationalities and Peoples Region of Ethiopia.
Adorned with an elegant cowrie-shell collar, glass-beaded necklaces and small western-styled buttons as ear plugs for added adornment. The hair is twisted into short tight strands and rubbed in a mixture of fresh cow butterfat, ground red ochre and tree resin from southern Ethiopia’s lower Omo Basin.
A graceful gait, an elegant long-limbed stance or this pose under the photographer's gaze all exude poise and dignity even in the midst of the weekly market bustle.
This photo is in 43 groups
- travel and social reportage 62,832 items
- Travel and Daily life 40,338 items
- ! * A hug is worth a thousand words*A friend is worth more*! 87,695 items
- Best Gallery of Fantastic Shots-Adm.Inv/P1A3 Now open 1,003 items
- Nice As It Gets~Level 1 ( Post 1 Award 5 145,955 items
- *Gallery of Fantastic Shots*(Admin/Invite)NOW CLOSED 6,477 items
This photo is in 1 gallery
- People 8 photos