Ruishton - View from the North East
The village of Ruishton lies a couple of miles South East of Taunton in Somerset. The parish church of Saint George lies on the northern edge of the village.
There has been a church on the site since since the 12th century but the current building dates from the 14th century.
This photograph shows the church viewed from the North East corner of the churchyard. It was intended that the tower should have been similar to churches nearby. Money was left for the building of the tower between 1530 and 1535. However the scheme was never completed with even the battlements being omitted.