Cullompton - Lane Aisle South Wall Acts Window - Panel 7
The church of Saint Andrew is the parish church of the town of Cullompton in Devon.
Much of the church as seen today dates from the early 16th century. It has an unusual layout with a double south aisle. This is due to the addition in circa 1526 of a chantry chapel begun by John Lane, a local cloth merchant. This outer south aisle is known as the Lane Aisle.
This fine church has a number of stained glass windows. Several of these windows can be found in the Lane Aisle.
This picture shows one of the eight panels based on the Acts of the Apostles which make up a window in the South wall of the Lane Aisle. The window of the dates to circa 1883 and according to Pevsner the window is by Drake. This panel shows Cornelius kneeling before Peter at Caesarea. The panel is sub-titled Acts x : 25.