The Witch's House

A vertical HDR panorama of the Witch's House in Beverly Hills. A fine example of "storybook" architecture, the "Witch's House" was built in 1921 by Oscar-nominated art director Harry Oliver. The building originally served as offices and dressing rooms for Culver City-based Willat Studio, which made silent films. Sometime in the late 1920s or early 1930s, the building was moved to Beverly Hills, where it has been used as a private home ever since. The house, which once featured a moat (now dry), supposedly acquired it's nickname when a previous owner passed out candy at Halloween dressed as a witch. At any rate, it looks like a place Hansel and Gretel should avoid

9,971 views
77 faves
55 comments
Taken on January 30, 2011