Bedham School and Church
The small schoolhouse was built in 1880 by local landowners and the Church of England to provide elementary education for children from the hamlet and surrounding area. Built in the style of a chapel it doubled up as the church on Sundays. The single room was divided by a curtain for infants and senior classes. At the end of the school week the chairs were turned to face the east and ink pots removed from the desks. In the 1930s services would be held there once or twice a month by the Rector of Fittleworth, with one of the local ladies playing the harmonium. At its peak it had 60 pupils and 3 teachers. In 1925 the school closed down while it continued to be used a church until 1959 when it was completely abandoned.