new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
Chinnor | by DarloRich2009
Back to photostream

Chinnor

What is now Chinnor Signal Box was erected as "Mouldsworth Dwarf Frame" near Chester in 1894 and closed in 1967. It was saved from destruction by enthusiast Ken Cruse and moved to his garden in Berkshire, in 1975 where it stood sentinel over his 5" miniature railway for 32 years. Sadly, having passed away, his family offered it to the Chinnor & Princes Risborough Railway who gave it a new home and put it to use once again signalling full sized trains

507 views
0 faves
0 comments
Taken on March 26, 2016