new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
Chinnor | by DarloRich2009
Back to photostream

Chinnor

D3018 was built at Derby Works in 1953 delivered to Willesden In 1971 after a spell at Cricklewood it moved to Bletchley where it was used mainly at the Wolverton Works and frequently on Royal Train Duties. In June 1974 the shunter was renumbered into the TOPS numbering system, becoming 08011. It became the oldest working diesel on British Rail and was repainted near its original green livery and named Haversham by the staff of Bletchley.

 

Due to the engine being vacuum braked only, Haversham was withdrawn from traffic on 16 December 1991, remaining at Aylesbury until being purchased by the Railway On 24 August 1994 the engine hauled the first public train to Wainhill Crossing.

1,289 views
2 faves
0 comments
Taken on March 26, 2016