new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
Chinnor | by DarloRich2009
Back to photostream

Chinnor

GWR 5700 Class 5786 (depicted as L.92) and on hire from South Devon Railway is seen at Chinnor station

 

The 57xx class were introduced by the GWR in 1929 and construction continued at various times until 1949. No.5786 lasted longer than most, being sold to London Transport and renumbered L.92. Surviving in traffic working engineering trains around the LT system until steam ended at Neasden shed on the Metropolitan Line in 1971. She then spent many years at the Bulmers Railway Centre in Hereford before moving to the South Devon Railway. 5786 came out of service at the end of October 2011 and returned to service in March 2013 in the striking maroon livery of London Transport as No L.92.

1,461 views
1 fave
0 comments
Taken on March 26, 2016