Jackson Square and Saint Louis Cathedral
Early New Orleans was originally centered around what was then called the Place d' Armes (Spanish: Plaza de Armas). After the Battle of New Orleans, in 1814, the Place d' Armes was renamed Jackson Square after general Andrew Jackson. In the center of the park stands an equestrian statue of Jackson erected in 1856, one of three in America by sculptor Clark Mills.
Saint Louis Cathedral (French: Cathédrale Saint-Louis, Roi de France), also known as the Basilica of St. Louis, King of France, is the seat of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of New Orleans; it has the distinction of being the oldest continuously operating cathedral in the United States. The first church on the site was built in 1718; the third, built in 1789, was raised to cathedral rank in 1793. The cathedral was expanded and largely rebuilt in 1850, with little of the 1789 structure remaining.
Image composed from 7 Exposures, mergen in Photomatix and twisted in Photoshop.
PS: We were watching some of the local homeless people pinking up the Quarter coins out f the fountain, hehe...