Put Your Brick Where Your Mouth Is - Contest Announcement
That's right, it's a new contest. The challenge, put your brick where your mouth is. People love to talk about how they could do a better job designing a LEGO set than the folks at LEGO do. So here's the challenge, DO IT! Build a great space set! Mark Stafford, a designer at LEGO, has graciously offered to serve as a judge for this contest, but it is NOT an official LEGO contest. LEGO didn't put me up to this, and they won't be taking any of your ideas and turning them into sets. There will be prizes, though, thanks to Steve Witt. Each size category winner will receive a space set of that size.
1. We are using the old standby rule of 10 cents per part. That means that for the $5.00 category, you can use approximately 50 parts.
2. There are separate categories for $5, $10, $20, $50 and $100 set equivalents.
3. Custom stickers ARE allowed!
4. Custom parts ARE allowed! Real designers can get new molds, but they cost em. We will be setting up a "what will this cost me" thread, where you can ask how much of your "budget" the custom element will take.
5. All entries must be posted in the entry thread on CSF! That's here.
6. The deadline is JUNE FIRST.
7. Your entry must be sci-fi. It doesn't have to be a space ship, but I'd better be able to tell that it's science fiction.
8. No official themes. Mark requested that we try to keep nostalgia out of the factors we're judging on.