A Miner Problem
Although I'm not entirely sure why, solitary bees that hatch in the early spring have more mites on them than the ones that hatch later on. If you look to the right side of the image you'll see a mite behind this Miner bee's eye, and it's back is covered with them.
Tech Specs: Canon 40D, MPE-65 mm macro lens, and an MT-24EX flash.
This photo is in 5 groups
- Nature's Garden (Please no images of People - P1:C3) 88,631 items
- peregrino27-MACRO 1,898 items
- Oriental Land 58,611 items
- COLOUR MARVELS 2,567 items
- MACRO MARVELS 3,490 items
This photo is in 1 album
- Bees and Wasps 952 items