Wentelteefjes! [Eggy Bread]
These are baked sandwiches, Eggy bread.
Instead of nót eating lunch, I decided to spoil myself and have this.
It's soaky and crisp at the same time!
My recipes can be found on my blog but they're in Dutch, so here's the English version:
You need (for 2-3 portions)
- 4 sandwiches
- 1 egg
- 2 tbs sugar
- 200 ml milk
- ½ ts cinnamon
- powdered sugar
- deep plate or baking tray or something else flat with an edge
- frying pan
- Whisk the egg with the sugar until it's a bit 'foamy'
- Add the milk and cinnamon
- Cut off the crusts from the sandwiches (or leave them on, extra bite) and cut them into triangular shape
- Soak the bread in the mixture in the baking tray or deep plate or [...] for 5 minutes.
- Melt the butter in the frying pan and put the soaked sandwiches in gently.
- Bake each piece ca. 2-3 minutes or until they're brown and crispy.
- Put them on a plate and serve with some powdered sugar on top.