OK, so, I finally did it! I took a LOT of 30 second exposures and stacked them together with a program meant for star stacking! For this image, I took 110 30 second exposures. So, thats the equivalent of 55 minutes of star trails. There seams to be a tad bit of defragment in the trails, probably due to the changing of exposures or due to the program that I ran the images through. I just ran it, did not see if there were things I could to to improve the image, I just want to go to bed, so I saved and sent to Flickr! :) AND, one thing I had to do to make this work, I HAD to dust off the PC for the stacking program I used, which came highly recommended, was not possible to use on MAC. UGH! :) By the end of the night, I had in front of me, my Mac, my PC and my iPad! Ya, upgrading is fun, got to play a lot today! :)
Please enjoy! And if you know a thing or two about star trails, and stacking, let me know if there is any thing I can do for improvement. Except for the wide lens, it is still in the shop, I am DYING to try this at 10 MM! That would take away defragment issues! :)
OH, and I forgot to say, I took 110 images and had to stop, thats when the battery died! It was not fully charged!
It just came to me, perhaps the defragments were caused by all the earth quakes we have had today! AH SO CAL! LOVE it!