new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white

Royal Couple

**If you wish to use any of my photos on this page, please send me an email or Flickr mail and I will send you the full sized originals.**


I went to the Royal Wedding with my family.


We travelled down on Thursday morning, spent the Afternoon in the the Afghanistam Exhibition in the British Museam then went to bed.

The next morning (Royal Wedding Day) we got up at 3:30 and got to the streets of London near Big Ben at about 4:30AM. There were loads of campers who stayed over night to get good positions.


Luckily we just got there when there was one small spot opposite Big Ben. It turned out to be a pretty good position, so we were lucky.

By 11am that morning when the ceremony was taking place, there were at least 10 people deep behind us. I got some good photos although as there were so many poilice officers in front of us, the window to take your shots was quite narrow making it very difficult.


I went to the toilet 3 times during the Royal Wedding. The only toilet was in a Pub about 200 metres down the road. The first two times were OK as I could easily get back to the front where I originally was. But the third time was at about 9:30AM when the place started seriosuly filling up. It took about 10 mins to get to the Pub to go to toilet, but on the way back I hit a massive crowd probably 25 people deep. I rudely said "Excuse me" and pushed my way through, knocking people out the way. It was verging on claustrophobie at how densly crowded we were. I was so frustrated that I was now at the back of a crowd and could hardly see, and before I was right at the front with a great view. It was a matter of life and death, seriously hehe. There was a fiesty Russian woman who stood her ground and shouted a load of swear-words at me as I tried to push past. She wouldn't give in so in the end I had to find another route. I past that 25 deep crowd of people, and then as I had to get past another 10 deep of people near to where I was I said to them "My mum and sister are at the front, I was originally there..", I got "BULLSHIT" shouted at me. haha, I can understand why they were angry at me but I just felt I had to get back to where I was before. If I knew it would be this difficult, I wouldn't have gone to the toilet in the first place.

It took 40 minutes to get back to where I originally was and I got a little cheer from the surrounding people who realised I had been gone for a long time!


Anyway, after that stressful ordeal, I relaxed and enjoyed as the Royal Family passed.

I got a few nice shots and there are some below.


In the afternoon we went to a very packed St. James Park and just lay on the grass and fell asleep like many other people, we were exhausted.

9 faves
Taken on April 29, 2011