Mrs H thought I was being good tonight in the kitchen and offering to do the washing up (which of course I always do!) when I reached for the bottle of extra strong fairy liquid. Little did she realise my camera was set up elsewhere ready to take some macro shots !
Having made up a nice strong mixture of 50% washing up liquid and 50% water in her favourite Tia Maria glass I blew some big soapy bubbles and took this shot.
Couple of tricks and notes .... 1) blow some little bubbles first then blow gently into them to make big bubbles using a straw 2) when blowing the second bubble blow into the right end of the soapy straw or your mouth gets full of bubbles 3) close up diffused light gets bright colours 4) if you blow gently onto the bubble you’ll get the swirls of colour 5) use a black piece of card as background 6) go manual control on the camera with a small aperture for large depth of field
This photo is in 11 groups
- My Interestingness 1,463 items
- Winner of 'One of the best on Flickr' (15+Faves & Invited) 15,384 items
- ABC Absolute Best Captures (INVITE / P1-C2) 76 items
- Getty Images Call for Artists 417,667 items
- *Ooh! La La pictures [Post 1 - Comment 5 or Invite 3]* 197,130 items
- "IQ" - Image Quality 265,243 items