Loudoun Hall was built c 1490 by the Tait family. It aquired it's name when it was purchased by the Campbells of Loudoun who were hereditary sheriffs of Ayr. Their family seat was at Loudoun near Galston. It was one of the finest of the town house in Ayr. During the 19th and early 20th centuries it fell on hard times but was rescued fron demolition in the 1930s. It was restored after the second world war and now acts as a meeting place to many groups in Ayr.