pagoda circle and nathan frank memorial bandstand
There was originally an ornate wooden pagoda built at this site in 1876 that was renovated for the Saint Louis Worlds Fair in 1904. In 1911 it was destroyed by storm and fire while closed for repair. The site sat vacant until the current bandstand was funded and built by prominent Saint Louis politician and business man, Nathan Frank. The structure was completed in 1925 and has been restored twice in 1981 and 1993.
This photo was taken just after sunrise on a cold morning that saw ice starting to form in the pagoda pool.
For reference, this is right across the street from the Muny box office.