Douglas MacArthur Bridge - Belle Isle Bridge (Detroit, Michigan)
Historic Douglas MacArthur Bridge in Detroit, Michigan. The bridge carries East Grand Boulevard over the Detroit River to provide access to Belle Isle.
The 19-span open spandrel arch bridge was built between 1917 and 1923 and was originally called the Belle Isle Bridge. In 1942 the bridge was renamed the Douglas MacArthur Bridge.
The bridge is part of the National Register of Historic Places Belle Isle Historic District (NHRP listing 74000999). Belle Isle was added to the Michigan State Register of Historic Sites in 1979.