1959 - Perky, Pretty Aprons
Handy reference chart demonstrating the International Housewive's Semaphore Distress Signals:
1. Go to your room, and don't come out until you can apologize to your sister!
2. Either come in, or stay out, just keep that door shut! You'd think you were born in a barn. We're not air conditioning the whole outdoors!
3. You kids keep that noise down! You sound like a herd of elephants up there!
4. I told you to take that dog for a walk before he has another accident on the carpet!
5. I just washed this floor! You take those muddy boots off outside!
6. Just you wait until your father gets home!
Housewives courtesy of the article "Perky, Pretty Aprons," published in the November 1959 issue of "Everywoman's Family Circle" magazine.