observatory street oxford
Observatory Street links at the eastern end Woodstock Road (opposite Bevington Road and St Anne's College and nearly opposite St Antony's College) in central North Oxford and at the western end Walton Street and the Jericho area of Oxford, England.
The street borders the north side of Green Templeton College, one of the Oxford University colleges, which has some student accommodation in the street. The street is named after the Radcliffe Observatory (completed in 1794), which now forms a centrepiece for the College.
Observatory Street mainly consists of terraced houses directly on the street, many characterized by brightly painted stuccoed fronts in a variety of colours, especially on the south side of the street, which is very late Georgian (early 1830s). Once built as small dwellings for poorer inhabitants of Oxford, often workers on early railway and canal construction, the houses now command high prices because of the central location of the street, within easy walking distance of the city centre and round the corner from the soon to be constructed Oxford University Administration, Humanities and Mathematics site