Horner Memorial Nurses Home (3)
This yellow brick building was constructed in 1928 as a nursing school and residence for the neighboring Brownsville General Hospital. The first floor contained a common area, dining room, and library. The second and third floors were for residents. The basement had medical equipment, a kitchen, boiler room, and storage. It the 1960's it served as Colonial Manor Boarding House. Then in 1992 and 1993 it saw its last use as a haunted house during Halloween. This is one of the many abandoned properties in the Brownsville area owned by the Liggett family.