2015 GABF winners
The 2015 Great American Beer Festival competition, held in Denver, Colorado, 24-26 September 2015, awarded 275 medals, in 92 beer categories, covering 145 different beer styles (including all subcategories).
"Presented by the Brewers Association, GABF is the largest commercial beer competition in the world and a symbol of brewing excellence. In its 29th year, the 2015 competition surpassed all previous participation records, exceeding last year’s record-setting competition."
Winners were chosen from 6,647 competition entries (20 percent more than in 2014) from 1,552 breweries in all 50 states plus Washington, D.C, by a panel of 242 beer experts from 15 countries, including the U.S., the largest panel in its history.
⊲ Top three states by ratio of medals to entries by state:
1) Maine: 21% with 14 entries and three medals
2) Rhode Island: 10% with 10 entries and one medal
3) North Dakota: 8% with 12 entries and one medal
⊲ Most medals won, with three medals each:
1) Firestone Walker Brewing Co., Paso Robles, Calif. (three medals: two gold, one bronze)
2) Sun King Brewing Co., Indianapolis, Ind. (three medals: one gold, one silver, one bronze)
3) Port City Brewing Co.; Alexandria, Va. (three medals: two silver, one bronze)
4) Left Hand Brewing Co.; Longmont, Colo. (three medals: one gold, two bronze)
Via the (U.S.) Brewers Association, organizer of the Great American Beer Festival.