Church of Santa Maria del Prato - Genoa, Italy
Church of Santa Maria del Prato – Genoa, Italy
Albaro District - Piazza Leopardi

The church was built in 1172 as priorship of the mortariense Order of Santa Croce. It is one of more important Romanesque buildings (and unknown) od the city of Genoa.
Until 18th century the area was totaly uninhabited and marked out great meadows, from which the title “del Prato”.
The church has been variously altered over the centuries and in 1951 was restored to its original medieval appearance.
9 photos · 996 views