Circa 1958. Soviet soldiers stand before Berlin’s historic Brandenburg Gate, with its newly restored Quadriga statue on top. The statue was returned to the gate in June 1958, replacing the Soviet flag that flew there for years after the closing off of East Berlin. From the booklet "A City Torn Apart: Building of the Berlin Wall." For more information, visit the CIA's Historical Collections page (www.cia.gov/library/publications/historical-collection-pu...).