'One of the Glens', Scotland, Highlands, Glencoe
Below is an excerpt from my travel blog. Cheers.
Scotland is everything I imagined it to be. Not to be stereotypical, but much of what was in my head about Scotland was a result of the movie Braveheart. Most of my friends know I have a fascination with William Wallace and the highlands of Scotland. The running joke is that most of my friends had a bet that I would buy a kilt and run through some random Scottish farmers field pretending I was William Wallace. I hope I didn't let down too many of my friends in saying that I didn't partake in any William Wallace reenactments. Maybe next time.
Ironically, Scotland reminded me a lot of New Zealand, where I started my round-the-world journey. The dramatic landscapes, cooler weather and copious amounts of rain are all characteristics of both of the subliminal lands. As a photographer, the landscape in Scotland is incredibly inspiring. Next time, I'll have to spend more time here.
This photo is in 32 groups
- mavenimagery® 6,004 items
- WONDERFUL WORLD OF HDR - ( POST 1 / AWARD 1 PLEASE ) 25,133 items
- ***A Place For Great Photographers*** Level 1 Please Award 3 331,878 items
- Post-Processing Anonymous ( P.P.A ) 15,979 items
- Young Travelers of the World Unite! 185,142 items
- We travel the World 892,639 items
This photo is in 1 album
- Scotland 4 photos