Seen at the Whitehorse International Airport on July 31st, 2012, this B-25D-30 Mitchell 433318/N88972 was originally delivered on October 27, 1943 to the USAAF’s advanced flying school at the 402nd Army Air Force Base Unit at La Junta, Colorado.
It also served in the RAF and later as part of Northwest Air Command over Western Canada. “Grumpy was sold out of military service in 1962 by Crown Assets. It has had several owners since then and been rebuilt twice, most recently by the Aircraft Restoration Company in Duxford, England.
This photo taken with an Olympus E-30 and 70-300mm Zuiko. The camera was hand held with image stabilization turned on. Some basic post processing completed with ACDSee Pro 5 from RAW.
The above, background information, was paraphrased from source material found at: historicflight.org/grumpyreturns/?cat=6