1616 N. Wells St.
The Second City improvisational comedy troupe premiered at 1842 North Wells Street, a few blocks away in 1959 before moving to this location at Piper's Alley in 1967. Bill Murray and John Candy used to live around the corner at Crilly Court when they performed here in the 1970s. The busts and arches that now decorate the entrance were once part of the facade of Louis Sullivan's Schiller Building (later the Garrick), which was demolished in 1960. A beautiful Richard Nickel photo of the building: www.flickr.com/photos/urbanoasis/391804793/