Little Chapel, Guernsey, late 1940's.
The Little Chapel is reputed to be the smallest church in the world. (only accommodating two people at once). It was built by Brother Deodat Antoine a de la Salle Monk of a teaching order known as the brothers of the Christian Schools who lived at Les Vauxbelets and who came to Guernsey in 1913. The chapel itself is built from clinkers a by product of the furnaces used to heat the island's greenhouses. It is decorated with ormer shells and thousands of pieces of china and glass, some from Wedgewood itself.