- There used to be a $0.02 fine for overdue books - times have changed: now we don't charge at all for overdue books.
- Our hours have changed a little bit:
Mon - 10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Wed - 10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Fri - 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Sat - 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Since Chelmsford is part of the Merrimack Valley Library Consortium, anyone living in 36 area communities can freely borrow books from the library (in fact, any state resident can); and Chelmsford residents can borrow from those libraries.
- We still require books be checked out, but we encourage casual browsing in the stacks.
- Our current policy is that you can check out as many items as you can be responsible for.
- Our loan periods have changed a bit, too, but we do still have "Fast Track" (7 day) items - please see the Library's website for the latest.
- This is still true - patrons are completely responsible for the items they check out.
- Thanks to our online catalog, we periodically check for missing books throughout the year, instead of requiring all books be returned to do an annual inventory.
- Although this is still our written policy, we, as well as our predecessors, are more cordial in person.
North Chelmsford Library Regulations
keyboard shortcuts: ← previous photo → next photo L view in light box F favorite < scroll film strip left > scroll film strip right ? show all shortcuts