Eglise Saint Etienne du Mont - Tomb of Saint Geneviève
Saint-Étienne-du-Mont is a church in Paris, located on the Montagne Sainte-Geneviève in the Ve arrondissement, near the Panthéon. It contains the shrine of St. Geneviève, the patron saint of Paris. The church also contains the tombs of Blaise Pascal and Jean Racine. Jean-Paul Marat is buried in the church's cemetery.
The sculpted tympanum, the The Stoning of St. Stephen, is the work of French sculptor Gabriel-Jules Thomas.
Renowned organist, composer, and improviser Maurice Duruflé held the post of Titular Organist at Saint-Étienne-du-Mont from 1929 until his death in 1986.
This photo is in 54 groups
- The Wanderlust 21,566 items
- FOTOPEDIA by Paul Mor (POST1-COMM3 ) 41,475 items
- Faith in Practice 12,847 items
- Photography Idol >>> Comment 1, Invite the best Artists you know 26,247 items
- Holy Places 30,702 items
- A Real Gem! - Post One ~ Award Three - 10,000+ Members Strong! 376,143 items
This photo is in 1 album
- France - Paris 408 items