Eglise Saint Etienne du Mont - Tomb of Saint Geneviève
Saint-Étienne-du-Mont is a church in Paris, located on the Montagne Sainte-Geneviève in the Ve arrondissement, near the Panthéon. It contains the shrine of St. Geneviève, the patron saint of Paris. The church also contains the tombs of Blaise Pascal and Jean Racine. Jean-Paul Marat is buried in the church's cemetery.
The sculpted tympanum, the The Stoning of St. Stephen, is the work of French sculptor Gabriel-Jules Thomas.
Renowned organist, composer, and improviser Maurice Duruflé held the post of Titular Organist at Saint-Étienne-du-Mont from 1929 until his death in 1986.
This photo is in 54 groups
- The Wanderlust 22,170 items
- FOTOPEDIA by Paul Mor (POST1-COMM3 ) 42,263 items
- Faith in Practice 12,791 items
- Photography Idol >>> Comment 1, Invite the best Artists you know 27,860 items
- Holy Places 31,660 items
- A Real Gem! - Post One ~ Award Three - 10,000+ Members Strong! 378,439 items
This photo is in 1 album
- France - Paris 408 items