Palm Beach Vertorama, Sydney
My first attempt at astrophotography. This was taken at Palm Beach but even at this relatively secluded location, light pollution was a challenge. There was a half moon in the sky which obscured the portion of the night sky where the Milky Way ought to have been.
So unfortunately the only patch of the sky that I could shoot was this patch of random stars (with the moon behind me). Orion was actually quite visible to the naked eye and low in the sky but it doesn't show up in this shot. A lot more practice needed !
This is a two panel vertorama, each panel was processed using around 10 exposures stacked using the Deep Sky Stacker.
Please join me on my new Facebook page.
This photo is in 6 groups
- A+++ Photo (Post 1, Give 3 awards ONLY) Not commenting = Ban 523,041 items
- panoramas 360,522 items
- After Dark - Night Photography 633,552 items
- Astrophotography - PLEASE READ THE RULES AND NEWS. 94,624 items
- Kris Kros Contacts 136,828 items
- Australian Photographers!!!! 402,362 items