Franziskanerkloster Altstadt, Klosterkirche, Hammelburg, Germany
The monastery was founded in 1649 by Johann Salentin von Sinzig. Too small for the growing amount of pilgrims, it was expanded in 1667. In 1670, the chapel was sanctified. In 1698, a fire destroyed the interior. The Franciscan monk, Antonius Peyer, rebuilt the chapel: Georg Wilhelm Weishaupt did the masonary work; the Franciscan monk and woodworker, Georg Blank, constructed the pulpit and the altars. In 1700, the suffragan Bishop of Erfurt, Jakob Senfft, sanctified the now richly ornamented chapel anew.