Blockhouse 2, Exterior
This is Blockhouse Number 2, built in 1813. Accommodated 160 persons at its peak. Bulletproof and splinter-proof to the standards of the time, although being wooden it is clearly not cannon- or bomb-proof. The long, rectangular slits are firing ports to allow the soldiers inside to fire out on enemies attacking the fort. The blockhouse also sports a cellar magazine so that the troops won't run out of powder and musket shot, and won't have to expose themselves with trips to the fort's brick and stone magazines.