BW 2017 memories
My 5th Brickworld has come to an end, and as always, I had a blast, thanks to all the awesome people I got to hang out with, both familiar faces, and new faces.
I'd also like to thank my anonymous donors of little micro builds that I found on my builds: a little hammerhead micro ship, and a cute bug in a white brick box. I have an idea on the hammerhead builder, but mystery is still out on the white trophy brick...
My stack of red trophy bricks this year looks strangely familiar to last year's... Seems like I managed to score the exact same ones again for a second year in a row. Being most proud of the Best Group Layout one this year, having been the coordinator (aka cat herder) for the Eurobricks layout 2017 (and it did have a name and a MOC card!! It was even right next to where the nomination card and flag were put up!)
Things learned this year:
- Don't start packing MOCs at 4am after spending the night finishing builds. The pile of red bricks that my mushroom head turned into, as well as the absolute mess in another suitcase (and complete disintegration of a certain SHIPtember SHIP that never made its way to the convention hall) are proof of that.
- I am hard to find... Thus I was late to the Simon draft, and only got to invoke the Adrian rule, although my hastily built spaceship did not meet the required standard.
- I have awesome friends who bring me candy! Think I have enough to last me through some sorting sessions the next month now :D
- Fortune cookies are bullshit. I did not have a productive day, I spent it on a plane to Norway, loosing 7 hours of time difference in the process, and the rest of the day was spent trying to stay awake on the couch until normal bedtime, and then I slept 12 hours the following night, and thus overslept...
- I am too ambitious when it comes to adding functions to my builds, which always ends up with nothing working at all. Next year: no function in my builds. Instead, I am considering giving a talk about how not to succeed with overambitious builds... I have some experience with that over the years :P
Now I must sort for a month, then it's back to building!
Looking forward to next year already!