flickr-free-ic3d pan white

Gold Creek Church - Est.1916

Officially known as Biserica Altoficiate Romana Ortodocsa cu hramul Pogoriria Duhului Sfant, this was built by the first settlers from Boian, Bukovina (a Romanian part of the old Austro-Hungarian Empire) that arrived in this part of Alberta. It's located on the north side of the North Saskatchewan River in Smoky Lake County, nowadays there is only one church service a year.

824 views
5 faves
21 comments
Taken on December 27, 2011