new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
Chancellor’s Hall brochure p2 | by Cadbury Research Library
Back to photostream

Chancellor’s Hall brochure p2

The first residence for men students closed before the First World War. It had been run from buildings previously used by Queen’s College. In 1921 the residence of George Dixon, ‘The Dales’, on Augustus Road in Edgbaston was acquired, and was converted for student use through a donation by Sir Charles Hyde. It opened in 1922 and was renamed Chancellor’s Hall. Further extensions were made in 1925 including a recreation hall and a new dining hall. This brochure probably dates from the late 1920s or the 1930s and gives brief details of the facilities available to residents

Reference: UB/HCH/A/4/1

1,875 views
0 faves
0 comments
Taken on May 23, 2012