new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
S Carlo ai Catinari - Cappella di Santa Cecilia | by bruno brunelli
Back to group

S Carlo ai Catinari - Cappella di Santa Cecilia

To the right of the High Altar is an architecturally inventive late- Baroque chapel designed by Antonio Gherardi and built 1695-1700. The view upwards is through an oculus surrounded by angels in the centre of a dark shallow dome, to a rectangular light filled room above illuminated by windows which are not visible from below. In addition, he painted the altarpiece of S. Cecelia in the chapel.

1,333 views
7 faves
10 comments
Taken on May 13, 2011