Maxwell Street Station
The former police station (1888-1998) at 943 W. Maxwell St. was featured in the opening and closing credits of "Hill Street Blues." The architects for the Romanesque structure were Edbrooke and Burnham. This photo is taken from the site of Beth Jacob Anshe Kroz before it moved to North Lawndale. That building was heavily damaged in a fire last spring.