new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white

Victoria Rooms/Clifton Cinema, Queens Road, Clifton, Bristol

Victoria Rooms/Clifton Cinema, Queens Road, Clifton, c. 1919-1922

 

Around 1919, the Victoria Rooms were leased from Bristol University and became the Clifton cinema. However, there were continuous problems over its licence (and the large name plate that stood outside) and the building was only used as a cinema for just over two years.The building still stands majestically, as it first did, to this day.

3,243 views
0 faves
1 comment
Taken on June 26, 2010