E.S. & A. Robinson’s of Bristol
(Stationery and Printing)
OFFICE WORKERS: Stanley Shaddick, H Broome, Harold Fitt & Fred Price.
The family had first put down roots in the city in 1844 when Elisha Smith (ES) Robinson came to Bristol to find work.
Along with his brother Alfred and sons, Arthur and Edward, he established the paper merchants, ES&A Robinson in 1884.
The company specialised in the production of paper bags that were used for everything from commercial sacks of flour to sugar bought over the counter.
With their extensive Bedminster factories, Robinson’s grew to be the Bristol’s second largest employer.
Their prominent Victorian HQ next to Bristol bridge, lost during the war, was replaced by the brand spanking new, like it or loathe it, 1960s Dickinson-Robinson building.
See link below