c1906 The Crown inn, Longwell Green Village, South Gloucestershire
The Crown Inn Longwell Green on the Bath Road looking towards Bristol. This public house was later renamed "The Harvester" and is still trading today. The Crown Inn or, Hotel, as it was originally known.
Exactly when this house was built is not known, but it is believed to have been around the 1850’s or later, and may have replaced an older building on the site. Nothing is known of it’s early years the first information available being the identity, in the 1882 Directory, of its landlord as Gaius Short, the local Carpenter.
Not long after the turn of the century, the tenancy of The Crown Inn was taken over by Mr. Ernest Pomeroy, before he subsequently moved across the road and started his successful grocery and provision business some time during 1910/1912.