British Library digitised image from page 198 of "Modern Athens, displayed in a series of views; or, Edinburgh in the nineteenth century; exhibiting the whole of the new buildings, modern improvements, antiquities, & picturesque scenery of the Scottish me
Image taken from:
Title: "Modern Athens, displayed in a series of views; or, Edinburgh in the nineteenth century; exhibiting the whole of the new buildings, modern improvements, antiquities, & picturesque scenery of the Scottish metropolis & its environs, from original drawings by Mr. T. H. Shepherd. With historical, topographical & critical illustrations [by John Britton]"
Author(s): Shepherd, Thomas Hosmer [person] ; Britton, John, 1771-1857 [person]
British Library shelfmark: "Digital Store 010370.dd.10"
Page: 198 (scanned page number - not necessarily the actual page number in the publication)
Place of publication: London (England)
Date of publication: 1829
Type of resource: Monograph
Genre: Engraving ; Illustration ; Plan or view
Topics: Views ; Edinburgh (Scotland)--In art
Explore this item in the British Library’s catalogue:
(numbers are British Library identifiers)
Other links related to this image:
- View this image as a scanned publication on the British Library’s online viewer (you can download the image, selected pages or the whole book)
- Order a higher quality scanned version of this image from the British Library
Other links related to this publication:
- View all the illustrations found in this publication
- View all the illustrations in publications from the same year (1829)
- Explore and experiment with the British Library’s digital collections
The British Library community is able to flourish online thanks to freely available resources such as this.
You can help support our mission to continue making our collection accessible to everyone, for research, inspiration and enjoyment, by donating on the British Library supporter webpage here.
Thank you for supporting the British Library.