Ride the Pancho Villa Train and join the Mexican Revolution !
Action, adventure, and spectacle! Join general Pancho Villa and his band of Mexican revolutionaries as they mount a bold attack by rail on the fortified city of El Ciudad Guerrero . This scene was brought to life by the imagination of George Lucas in 1992 for the premiere episode of the “Young Indiana Jones Chronicles” television series. Young Indy rides with Pancho Villa’s gang alongside a hijacked train as they push a flatcar loaded with dynamite into the city’s defensive wall. Will they succeed in this brazen attack? Find out by watching the “Adventures of Young Indiana Jones - Vol 1” episode “Spring Break Adventure” available on DVD at your local library today!
This MOC took Best Train in the 2009 Eurobricks.com Train Tech forum Train Contest www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showforum=122 Far from the polished equipment of mainline US railroads; this train is a grimy, weathered hand-me-down rusting in the Mexican desert. Construction highlights include:
- Working valve gear (although purists will note that only half the phases are supported and technically I modeled slide gear rather than the prototype’s Walschaerts)
- Ray gun suction cup for the lok bell
- Handcuffs for the lok leaf springs
- SSRS (Single Stud Radial SNOT) boiler (from my Circus Train www.flickr.com/photos/brian_william...57614731023767/ )
- FAUX tender trucks
- 3wide lok domes using BBB wheels
- Headlamp and firebox sparks animated using Rob Hendrix elite Jr ( www.lifelites.com/products/74 )
- The tender ladder whips (from Carl Greatrix Evening Star)