The Beresford, formerly a hotel in Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow, opened in 1938 to provide accommodation for those attending the city's Empire Exhibition.
It is one of the city's most notable examples of Art Deco architecture.
The hotel became a favourite rendezvous for American servicemen during the Second World War.
Demand for hotel accommodation declined after the war and the building was bought by Imperial Chemical Industries and became an office block, most notably being used as the Scottish headquarters of ICI from 1952.
The University of Strathclyde acquired it for student accommodation in 1964, renaming it Baird Hall.
It was sold in 2003, and the building is now occupied as private apartments.