Ravenswood Mansion - Brentwood, TN
Ravenswood is the 1825 mansion of James and Emeline Wilson featuring Greek Revival and Federal Architecture. The home gets it's name from 'The Raven' Sam Houston who was the Best Man at Wilson's wedding. It was the manor house of the third largest plantation in Williamson County as it was over 1,000 acres. The property was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1983.
In 2010, the city of Brentwood purchased the mansion and outbuildings with 325 acres. Today, the area is open to the public as Marcella Vivrette Smith Park, named after the 1960's property owner. Preserved features of the park include the spring house, cistern and root cellar, tree-lined driveway, and spring-fed pond. The entrance to the park is along highway TN252 (aka Wilson Pike or Harpeth Turnpike) and includes a new bridge over the 1914 train tracks.
For more history: