This home is also known as the Johns-King House is in Smyrna, TN and not far from Old Jefferson. In 2009, it was Identified by the Murfreesboro Post as one of the top 10 endangered historic sites in Rutherford County.
It was built in 1805 as a log house, by the Weakley family after receiving a land grant for the area. Then in 1840, Thomas and Unity Smith Johns purchased the house and made many improvements.
The building was used as a Confederate hospital and headquarters during the Battle of Stones River. In 1863, farmers Benjamin and Mary King bought the home after their previous home in LaVergne was destroyed by Union troops and their descendants occupied the home for many years.