Marshall County Courthouse 2
The present Colonial Revival style courthouse was completed in 1929. This was the third to occupy this location in Lewisburg, TN. The first was built in 1838 an then burned in 1873. The second was completed in 1874 and burned in 1927. This courthouse was designed by the Nashville firm of Hart, Freeland and Roberts, and the same firm renovated and modernized the building in 1974.
Marshall County is named after Supreme Court Cheif Justice John Marshall.