new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
Bradford Infirmary, Westgate, Bradford (c1854) | by Bradford Timeline
Back to album

Bradford Infirmary, Westgate, Bradford (c1854)

Bradford Infirmary, Westgate (c1854)

 

Completed in 1844 and extended in 1864

 

The building was in use until the new hospital on Duckworth Lane was opened in 1936

 

It succeeded a Dispensary which was established in 1825 and moved to Darley Street in 1827

 

Engraving taken from the 1854 map

 

Bradford Timeline

www.bradfordtimeline.co.uk

 

1,529 views
1 fave
0 comments
Taken on April 25, 2012