1888 - City centre

    Prev Next

    The extent to which Bradford had grown since the beginning of the century is shown, but although the centre was built-up there was still some open country between the roads into town. As well as numerous works, such as Manningham Mills, rebuilt in 1873, there were churches, parks, reservoirs and many Board Schools which had been built since 1874. The Technical College, opened in 1882, can be seen in Great Horton Road

    William Byles
    Scale 9.5 inches to 1 mile

    keyboard shortcuts: previous photo next photo L view in light box F favorite < scroll film strip left > scroll film strip right ? show all shortcuts