new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white

cultural walk

The donation of 350 modern artworks by Mr and Mrs Ludwig marked the founding of Museum Ludwig in 1976. It was to be the first museum to exhibit contemporary art in Cologne. Apart from Pop Art, the Ludwigs also made a permanent loan to the new museum of their Russian Avant-Garde Collection from 1906 to 1930, as well as several hundred Works by Pablo Picasso. The Picassos were entrusted to the museum in two generous donations in 1994 and 2001 and are now owned by Museum Ludwig...

  

...taken in front of the Museum Ludwig...

 

Cologne, Germany...

793 views
3 faves
7 comments
Taken on April 1, 2010